What is this page?
This is Noots.Digital core privacy notice. It explains our approach to collecting and using personal information (any information which relates to or identifies an individual) about people we interact with. It also supplements more specific information you may have been given (a privacy notice or statement) when engaging with a service, facility, event or initiative run by us. For example, you may have followed a link here because you signed up to one of our smartphone apps. The information below is the same for all our activities where personal information is collected, so we thought it would be helpful to have it in one place that you can refer to and revisit whenever you need.
Individual digital products may have their own privacy notices with further information about how they use your personal information.
Who are we?
We are Noots Digital Limited, a company registered in England and Wales with company number 14778645. We are a software consultancy specialising in healthcare-related app development.
Why are we processing your personal information?
You may have already been told about the specific purposes for which we are processing your personal information, as well as the ‘legal’ or ‘lawful’ basis for that processing (the justification under current data protection legislation).
More about ‘legal’/’lawful’ basis:
We can only process (collect, use, store etc) your personal information if one of the following applies:
- We need your personal information to provide a service as part of a contract (for example, to enable you/us to fulfil your/our obligations under a commercial contract or employment contract).
- We need your personal information for a legitimate interest of Noots Digital Limited or a third party, provided that interest is not overridden by your interests and rights (for example, we may need to process your information to allow you to us one of our apps).
- We need your personal information to protect somebody’s life (a vital interest).
- You provide consent for us to process your personal information, based on clear and specific information, with a genuine choice (without any pressure), and the ability to change your mind at any time.
How do we use your personal information?
We will generally use your personal information to provide you with the services, products or information you have requested from us. We may need to share your information with our service providers for these purposes, but we will ensure that appropriate contracts with these parties are in place, and they only process your information in accordance with our instructions and data protection legislation. If we need to transfer any information to a country not recognised as providing equivalent protection, we will use additional safeguards approved by UK or EU regulators.
What are your rights?
By law, you have certain rights over your personal information:
- To receive a copy of your information;
- To ask us to correct any errors;
- To delete it once we no longer need it;
- To ask us to stop using your information in a certain way;
- To ask for certain information in a portable, electronic format;
- To object to certain uses of your information (for example, marketing and automatic profiling or decision making).
To make a request for any of the above, please contact [email protected].
Do we use 'cookies'?
They expire after 12 months and enable us to compare website traffic from month to month.
Will changes be made to this privacy notice?
We keep our privacy notice under regular review and we will place any updates on this web page. This privacy notice was last updated on 15 April 2023.
How can you contact us or make a complaint to the regulator?
To contact us about our privacy notice or information we hold about you, please write to our Data Protection Officer:
- by email – [email protected]
- or by post – Data Protection Officier, 86-90 Paul Street, London, EC2A 4NE, United Kingdom
If you do not feel we have dealt with your request appropriately, you can complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office.